Quick Facts / Testimonials
Click to see video testimonials from business, education and community leaders who share their views about Advantage Valley's assets and opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Advantage Valley:
- Advantage Valley is a multi-county region....encompassing the MSAs of Huntington, W.Va. and Charleston, W.Va.
- The region has a population base of about 600,000, and the workforce numbers nearly 200,000 persons.
- There are four major colleges and universities in the region, as well as a number of community/technical colleges and award-winning school systems.
- Advantage Valley is a regional hub for business, banking, health care, retailing and recreation....as well as higher education.
- The region has a long history as being a leading center for several key industries: energy (coal, natural gas, electric generation), chemicals, manufacturing, banking, retailing.
- Advantage Valley is a transportation hub....with three Interstate highways systems, two airports, major rail lines (CSX and Norfolk Southern), navigable rivers and river and intermodal ports.
- Thanks to its terrain, topography and natural setting, the region provides a wide range of convenient outdoor activities -- hiking, biking, fishing, hunting, golf, tennis, kayaking, boating, etc. Nearby are world-class whitewater rivers and one of the largest ATV trail systems in the nation.
Advantage Valley Marketing Brochure - click to see