In addition to its Transportation Assets and Strategic Location, Advantage Valley offers a Skilled Workforce and Abundant Resources
- Available combined labor force of more than 500,000
- Three colleges universities and two community and technical colleges leading the way in specialized workforce training programs with area industry partners
- Marshall University
- University of Charleston
- West Virginia State University
- BridgeValley Community and Technical College
- MountWest Community and Technical College
Toyota Hall | BridgeValley Community & Technical College
Toyota Hall at BridgeValley Community and Technical College’s Advanced Technology Center represents an active industry-education partnership in which industry representatives sponsor class room equipment and learning, and students learn skills necessary for high-demand jobs, including those in the automotive manufacturing industry.
Robert C. Byrd Institute for Advanced Flexible Manufacturing
Located in Advantage Valley, Robert C. Byrd Institute for Advanced Flexible Manufacturing creates custom, company-specific instruction programs tailored to business needs. Through this program, students are prepared to directly enter the manufacturing industry with proper skills and training for in-demand jobs.
- Ongoing federal and commercial research investments and initiatives fostering new research & development and advanced energy innovations
- Home of the West Virginia Regional Technology Park
- Campus serves as a collective hub for research, education and technology
- Focuses on developing partnership with the state’s colleges and universities
- Promotes research in the energy and chemical industries, as well as advanced technologies
- Region offers the Mid-Atlantic Technical Research Innovation Center which serves as a strategic innovation partner to both local and global business and industry, currently serving customers on six continents. There is a highly skilled research team onsite that is leading the way on product and process innovation.
- Located in the center of the nation’s eastern energy industry
- Available sites in close proximity to abundant Marcellus, Rogersville and Utica shale gas reserves, abundant Appalachian coal seams and major electronic power grids
- Recent growth in natural gas production provides local, abundant feedstock for the region’s well-developed chemical, petrochemical and plastics industries
- Home to plentiful water sources to meet production needs
- Readily available supply of metals and machinery to support large-scale manufacturing operations
Learn more about our Growing Industries...
Advantage Valley has a strong, diversified business community that serves as West Virginia’s center for the automotive, chemical/polymer, education, energy, government, healthcare and manufacturing industries.